Is your community ready for innovation?
A High Performance Community is a place where the public, civic, and enterprise sectors work together.
It’s a community where individuals, companies, organizations, and government agencies are enabled to be fast, flexible, focused, networked, customized, and global—the hallmarks of an innovative enterprise and an innovation-driven community.
A High Performance Community can be an individual town or city, a county, an urban neighborhood, a regional group, or multi-community and county groups. The key is to assemble a group of motivated people with a common interest.
Today’s High Performance Communities recognize that building upon existing momentum and local capacity is critically important. They also understand that, in the network economy, prosperity is increasingly determined by the power of a community’s connections elsewhere.
Traits of a High Performance Community:
- Is connected to high-speed, broadband telecommunications and a functional network of travel, transport, and transit systems for business travel and shipping
- Nourishes entrepreneurs
- Creates job growth from within, focusing on a higher-skilled workforce and higher-wage technology and information-intensive industries
- Thinks globally
- Focuses on target industries that build on local interests, resources, and capabilities
- Networks vigorously locally and with partners outside the region
- Cultivates robust civic institutions and collaborates with other communities
Let’s discover your progress and potential.
The High Performance Community Scorecard is a selection of characteristics and development actions that represent significant elements of the seven High Performance principles.
Completing the index will give you a snapshot of your community’s readiness for innovation and technology-based development.